Re: OTB

Hi Sebastiaan,

How do we fix itk packaging? Is it possible to move it to DebianGIS ?. I am okay to provide help to resolve the current bugs. But I need to check this if it possible for me to pass more time on itk packaging.

vtk and gdcm are some of the modules which are not used in OTB.  It does not want any of those shared libraries that is shown missing. I guess fixing the way OTB tried to find itk could be an easiest solution. Or the build-requires in OTB must be stuffed with those extra libs.

Looking at itk packaging they didn't split their libs into a seperate package. But they have this in their rules.

override_dh_lintian:
echo "$(pkg_lib): package-name-doesnt-match-sonames" > debian/$(pkg_lib).lintian-overrides
dh_lintian

On Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 5:36 PM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg <sebastic@xs4all.nl> wrote:
On 18-12-15 15:59, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> On 18-12-15 15:30, Johan Van de Wauw wrote:
>> check with Bas and/or Andreas if they want to sponsor your package.
>
> I'll review the updated otb package soon.

Unfortunately I cannot build otb in unstable, the ITK4 issues seem to be
in the way. I had to add a bunch of gdcm build dependencies to get as
far as the attached build log excerpt.

The build logs for insighttoolkit4 show that it also lacks these gdcm
dependencies, so its -dev package should actually pull in these
dependencies.

Can OTB live without ITK4? That may be an option if the insighttoolkit4
packages can't be fixed.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--
 GPG Key ID: 4096R/6750F10AE88D4AF1
Fingerprint: 8182 DE41 7056 408D 6146  50D1 6750 F10A E88D 4AF1

--
Regards,
   Rashad