Re: upgrade orfeotoolbox to 5.0

On 24-08-15 10:34, Manuel GRIZONNET wrote:
> Le 18/07/2015 01:50, Sebastiaan Couwenberg a écrit :
>> It doesn't have a license, but you got some kind of permission from the
>> authors, what is that permission exactly? It may be sufficient.
>
> I can contact the author again to get the permission to include the
> software.
>
> Do you know exactly what should I ask for? Do you think that an email is
> sufficient or it required him to sign a document?

Have the author publish the code under a DFSG compatible license.

Email should be sufficient, you can include the body in the Copyright
directory.

> Do you have an example of the content of such a permission?

No, but if a sane license is chosen that's not needed.

Most important is that the license terms are compatible with the DFSG:

https://www.debian.org/social_contract#guidelines

Kind Regards,

Bas

--