Re: PostGIS 2.1.8

On 07/10/2015 12:47 PM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> Thanks for the 2.1.8 update. I've pushed some changes with which I think
> the package is ready for upload.
>
> Do you have anything you want to add, and do you want to upload the
> package now that you can upload NEW packages?

PS. Please be aware that spatialite is a reverse dependency of liblwgeom
since Spatialite 4.3.0, as documented in its NEWS file:

"
 SpatiaLite 4.3.x is now configured to enable liblwgeom and GCP options.
 This causes an implicit license escalation to GPLv2+ from the initial
 tri-license (MPL/LGPL/GPL).

 Enabling these features is the recommended configuration by upstream.
 For more information refer to following posts on the spatialite-users
 list:

  * ,/configure changes in 4.2.0:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/spatialite-users/S2mY1Tj7BBc/_gWzznEKZnwJ

  * 4.3.0: note for builders and packages:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/spatialite-users/uawzaLjzbo4/_0JqJ8a6HmAJ
"

http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-grass/spatialite.git/tree/debian/NEWS?h=experimental

We need to file a binNMU request against the release.debian.org pseudo
package to rebuild the postgis reverse dependencies every time the new
liblwgeom-<VERSION> is accepted into unstable.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--
 GPG Key ID: 4096R/6750F10AE88D4AF1