Re: Packaging GRASS 7

Hi Baas,

Il 13/01/2015 19:44, Sebastiaan Couwenberg ha scritto:
> I'm not sure what the practical difference between GRASS Processing
> module and the native plugin are. If the processing module supports the
> same functionality, the qgis-grass plugin can just be dropped.
>
> Since the GRASS plugin is unmaintained according to some comments I read
> in the QGIS Redmine ([1],[2]), I don't think we should worry about
> qgis-plugin-grass too much. We'll just disable the plugin until someone
> from the GRASS community steps up and fixes it.

I do not think this would be a very good move, and better if we discuss
it with core qgis team. Processing has a number of serious limitations
(one for all: vectors should be imported and exported for every module,
which slows down things very considerably). In the long term it might be
possible to drop it, but probably not for now.
All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu