Re: fiona packaging

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 02:29:59PM +0200, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:

> With the above in mind, I think it's best to rename the 'fio' binary
> from fiona to either 'fiona' or 'fiona-fio'.

+1

While this is true and we had discussed this previously several times and
I'm to lazy now to seek for those thread spread over several places I added
the rough sketch of my idea here:

   https://wiki.debian.org/DebianScience/ProblemsToWorkOn#Duplicated_names

The consequence would be that we could create our own name space for
each Blend.

IMHO we could add some extra service to our users.  The implementation
of the suggestion should be quite easy - we just should find some
consensus.  Perhaps its better to discuss this on the debian-blends list
even if the Wiki is for Debian Sience also people from Debian Games
might be interested.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--