Re: installing from debian-gis on LMDE (MATE)

This is operationally clear, but would like to full understand:
What I understand is that, in order to have a LMDE in sync with Debian
testing, I have to:
1. Follow diections in http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=2544 (done)
2. Wait until the "upcoming jessie freeze" (whatever is that).

Therefore, there is no way to have a real LMDE system with QGIS from
Debian testing repos right now.
The options are:
1. Install from the qgis.org repo (although the page says "Jessie
(8.x; testing, not yet released):")
2. Upgrade to Debian testing from LMDE (risk of not being able to use
some extra LMDE fuctionality as some could break) and install from the
Debian testing repo (deb http://http.debian.net/debian testing main
contrib non-free)
3. Reinstall using the Debian installer. (no extra LMDE fuctionality at all)

Is this correct?

Agus