Re: OpenStreetMap tile rendering stack in debian-gis

Kai wrote:
> currently it is not easily possible to set up a map
> rendering tile stack with only official debian packages for
> the default OSM tile rendering stack (mod_tile, renderd,
> osm2pgsql), as not everything is packaged or is a little out
> of date.

Hi Kai,

while it is more of an effort to "make it work" than a propper
packaging effort, much of what you list is installed on the
OSGeo Live DVD, based on xUbuntu 12.04.  http://live.osgeo.org

install scripts are here:
 http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/browser/livedvd/gisvm/trunk/bin/

(n.b. I'll probably retire Gosmore and Osmarender in the next
release unless something new happens)

aka, if someone helps build the stack, we'll make good use of it!

hope it helps,
Hamish