Re: [DebianGIS] Re: Google Earth linux

On Wed, 2006-06-14 at 11:29 +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> > and runs without problems under Debian.
>
> Anyone got Debian packages?

Reading the licence, they would have to be downloader packages (like
make-jpkg) and put in contrib. I don't think that google would like
that. BTW, the binary looks like it was compiled on Ubuntu :)

I think that it would be better to merge any such downloader package
into one supporting lots of different apps rather than supporting just
google earth.

> Is it possible to turn off the "call home" feature?

I read somewhere you can just chmod a directory in ~

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise