Re: [DebianGIS] new packages

At 11:03, lunedì 19 settembre 2005, Francesco P. Lovergine has probably
written:

> Yes, but someone (the packager) should point to a name for it, because
> 'chameleon' is already taken in sid.

I see. Perhaps something like mapserver-chameleon?

> BTW, the right url is now
>
> http://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org/debiangis-status.html
>
> Maybe you missed latest news about?

I did - sorry. BTW: the headings seem out of the table, that is therefore
difficult to read.

> > More generally, the structure of the
> > http://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl/PackageList page has
> > become somewhat confusing (and it is a pain to maintain). Perhaps it
> > would be preferrable to simplify it, just listing packages and a note
> > about their status (e.g. officially packaged, unofficially pkgd, not
> > pkgd, new upstream version available, buggy, high/low priority?).
> > All the best.
>
> My own idea is adding a few information about WNPP debian-gis packages
> on the status page and go with that instead.

OK, but I believe we should not miss important info (priority, need for a new
package from upstream, etc.

All the best.
pc
--