The fontsource monorepo

Hello,

I was just looking at the upstream package for fonts-roboto-fontface.
It is archived upstream, but the author recommends migrating to
https://github.com/fontsource/fontsource
This is a monorepo with perhaps thousands of open source fonts in it.

I do not have the capacity to work on packaging (any of) it, but I'm
flagging it up here as it might be an interesting and valuable project
for someone or a small group to work on, and allow Debian to provide
these fonts as part of its distribution.

(TL;DR: I built some docs with mkdocs-material, and lintian reported a
generic privacy breach with the resulting documentation.  It turns out
that mkdocs-material includes code to pull fonts from
fonts.googleapis.com.  This probably can't be fixed in
mkdocs-material, because there is no way of knowing at document
creation time what fonts will be available on the local system.  So I
wondered: could I at least replace the references to Roboto and Roboto
Mono by local references in the generated documentation.  But there is
currently no package providing Roboto Mono with CSS support.)

Best wishes,

   Julian