Re: lintian "truetype-font-prohibits-installable-embedding" error should be eliminated

On Sat, Sep 4, 2021 at 9:16 PM Hideki Yamane <henrich@iijmio-mail.jp> wrote:
Hi list,

 During bookworm development, I want to tackle with
 https://lintian.debian.org/tags/truetype-font-prohibits-installable-embedding

 First, we should try to contact to font upstream to fix it.
 If there's no active upstream, then overwrite it with fontforge-nox.

 Any comments?

Hi,

Pardon my confusion here, but are you saying that you want lintian to no longer emit this error message, or are you saying that you are interested in churning through and doing all the fixes for font packages that throw it? (That question may just be me getting hung up on the wording.)

I do agree that upstream is the best place to fix these, certainly. As for the next-best option, I wonder if there might be some concern with blanket rewriting that entry in the [OS/2] table. For example, I think that might be considered a functional alteration, which would trigger renaming under OFL-with-RFN conditions.

Nate