Re: Internet stops working right after startup

Hi Frank,

2009/1/21 Frank Razenberg <frank@zzattack.org>
[snipped....]
Some details that might help identify my problem:
- I set ipmasq to start after services have been started using dpkg-reconfigure
- in /etc/network/interfaces, for eth0 I execute a script after eth0 is brought up. This script initializes iptables rules and ip masquerading.
- I use dnsmasq as DHCP and DNS server.
- The eth0 interface gets it's IP from a DHCP server by my ISP, eth1 has a static ip.

To start with, it will be helpful if you could send the following:

(1.) The iptables rule-set
(2.) Output of ifconfig
(3.) Output of route -n
(4.) Contents of /etc/hosts and /etc/resolv.conf
(5.) DNSMASQ configuration file.

Regards.
--
Ajitabh Pandey