tls ssl ftp connection over iptables

Hi all

I have an iptable packet filter which does his job well but when I
decide to allow only tls connections over the ftp server people can
connect on the server in active mode because I said to the packet filter
to let everything come thru the ftp port but just after the connection
is made it hangs and nothing more happens. I suppose it's because of the
data port which is given randomly and this one is cyphered so the packet
filter gets mad about it and drop the packets.
What can I do to let the data connection establish with the clients in
tls mode the same way the clear mode does?

Thanks

Bastien