Re: i need some basic help...

> Hi, I have a problem with my linux box.
> Packets from the internal networks doesn't flow through the external if.
> I had double checked everything, but it still doesn't work. I'm going
> slightly mad.
> [ Windoz ]10.0.0.10-----------10.0.0.1[ Linux ]192.168.10.222-------------192.168.10.1[ Internet ]
> Thanks in advance,
> Federico

Your router ([Linux]) sees everything but not a box ([Windoz]) behind it:

Possible causes:

 1 the [Windoz] box might be missing a default route to [Linux]
 2 the [Internet] don't know how to send packets to [Windoz] because:
   a, it has a private network number
   b, 192.168.10.1 don't know the route to it

Remidies:

 1 add the default route either manually in network->properties->tcp-ip
   or through bootp/dhcp
 2 the 192.168.10.1 is your isp's box? Use source nat or masquerading.
   The quickest fix is probably to install ipmasq on [Linux].

Regards,
/Karl

Karl Hammar                    Aspö Data           karl@kalle.csb.ki.se
Lilla Aspö 2340                                                Networks
S-742 94 Östhammar          +46  173 140 57                   Computers
Sweden                     +46  70 511 97 84                 Consulting