Re: stoping net scans

Am Sam, 2003-04-12 um 18.50 schrieb José A. Guzmán:
>  Is there a tool (log monitoring or otherwise) that effectively blocks incoming
> port scans (maybe interacting with iptables)?.
>
>  What are you guys using to block incoming port scans?

I'm using fwlogwatch to block port scans and portsentry as a second line
of defense in case the firewall gets dropped for some reason.

HTH
--

Matthias Hentges
Cologne / Germany

[www.hentges.net] -> PGP welcome, HTML tolerated
ICQ: 97 26 97 4   -> No files, no URL's

My OS: Debian Woody: Geek by Nature, Linux by Choice