Re: modifying boot floppies to do a firewall only install.

Mircea Luca wrote:

> Bernd Eckenfels wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Jul 26, 2000 at 05:17:35AM +0800, niall@holbytla.org wrote:
> > > I just (subscribed and) posted a similar query to debian-user - does anyone
> > > know of an existing project along these lines or should I go ahead and start
> > > one?:
> >
> > We have one, it is called debwall. It is not only for the boot-floppy usage,
> > but for debian in firewalls. I think you can use the debwall mailing list to
> > communicate for your project (its quite dead recently)
> >
> > I need a similiar project, a boot disk with openSSL on it for making a
> > secure single disk CA system.
> >
> > Greetings
> > BErnd
> > --
>
>  If somebody will start such a project please cc me since I'm interested
> to help.
> Well with testing and writing documentation since my programming skills
> are kinnda missing(except for some basic shell scripting).:-)
>  But I definitely think that we need a project that will do a quick base
> install
> and leave all the configuration for afterwards.At least that's my idea
> and I planned to start modifying the dbootstrap in this regard the
> coming week,now that TestCycle3 CD is out .I planned to use this to make
> an install for a firewall for
> home use where you don't need to much except for the base and maybe
> dial-up,ISDN,PPoE .I did a base install+dial-up at work and all I needed
> extra was
> the firewall script.
>  Ofcourse if somebody more knowledgeable will start a project that will
> do exactly this I'd rather help with what I can.
Please have a look at http://gibraltar.vianova.at/
It describes my Debian-based firewall project. ISO images of the first beta
version will be available in a few days (if nothing unexpected happens until
then).

If you have any questions, please ask me.

best greets,
Rene