Re: critics about our presence at LinuxTag 2004

Moin!

* Jürgen A. Erhard <jae+debian@jerhard.org> [040701 15:43]:

> What I miss is a discussion on what the booth should present... what face
> should Debian have, what face *does* it have?

IMVHO a Debian booth is mainly for the visitors of the specific event.
Not to sell merchandise (although it is nice), not to hack, but to
answer visitors questions.

> Like, why is it considered bad if people are seen hacking in the booth?

Because:
- It is a waste of space (and therefore money)
- You can use the space better
- It doesn't look very inviting, if the booth is already crowded
- It is bad behaviour, if most of the booth staff is showing the
  visitors their back

> And yes, if it's crowded, it's crowded.

Yes, but it is a difference, if it's crowded by interested visitors, or
by your own staff.

Yours sincerely,
  Alexander