Re: Crush 2.0 abandoned

On Wed, Aug 05, 2009 at 07:06:30AM +0100, Neil Williams wrote:
For reasons of ill health, I am forced to reduce my Emdebian workload substantially. This means that I will be [...] no longer driving any development of [...] Emdebian Crush.

[snip]
I simply no longer have time to work on Crush 2.0 and that's final.

[snip]
There is now no realistic chance of Emdebian Crush being released
alongside Debian 6.0 (squeeze).

Maybe because I am new to this list, but I totally misunderstood above as you pulling the plug on Crush, not just Crush 2.0.

If anyone got the impression that I consider stepping up to work on Crush 2.0 then forget it: I am quite interested in Crush in general, but have absolutely no interest in spending time on or using the cool Crush brand for a pile of dirty hacks to fit a rushed Debian freeze in december 2009!

Sorry for the possible confusion,

 - Jonas