Re: How to run secondstage using uboot

On Lun 04 May 2009 12:35:54 Neil Williams escribió:
> On Mon, 4 May 2009 17:26:02 +0200
>
> Martin Fuzzey <mfuzzey@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I just run emsecondstage from /etc/inittab  [before the rc.d stuff
> > starts up] You'll need to create a few device nodes manually (just
> > console should be enough).
> > This should work with any bootloader.
>
> I've wondered about doing that but never had a chance to test it.
> Thanks for getting it working. emsecondstage removes itself once
> complete, so the routine presumably checks to see if the script exists
> first?
>
> If additions are needed in the various manpages, just file a wishlist
> bug with the details.

Neil: point me to the correct package to fill a wishlist bug to, and I'll do
it whith what I did.

OK, this is what I did:

Always as root:

* untar emdebian-arm.tgz in ./rootfs/
* cd ./rootfs./etc
* Edited inittab to look like:

null::sysinit:/bin/hostname -F /etc/hostname
null::sysinit:/sbin/ifconfig lo 127.0.0.1 up
null::sysinit:/sbin/route add -net 127.0.0.0 netmask 255.0.0.0 lo

# Run the second stage
::sysinit:/emsecondstage

# now run any rc scripts and then login
::sysinit:/etc/init.d/rcS

This is, of course, a excerpt of the file. I can make a diff if you want.

* cd ./rootfs/dev/
* Basing myself in [0]:

mknod ttyS2 c 4 65
mknod tty3 c 4 3
mknod tty2 c 4 2
mknod tty1 c 4 1
mknod ttyS0 c 4 64
chown root.tty tty*

* I use a jffs2 filesystem, so:

mkfs.jffs2 -rrootfs_source -orootfs.jffs2 -e128KiB -l -v

* Loaded it in the device, booted.

Now I only need to know how to reformat my flash memory, there are two 16 MB
blocks instead of a 32 MB one.

Regards, Lisandro.

[0] http://www.faqs.org/docs/linux_admin/x797.html

--