Re: How to run secondstage using uboot

On Mon, 4 May 2009 17:26:02 +0200
Martin Fuzzey <mfuzzey@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/5/4 Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer <perezmeyer@gmail.com>:
> >> Hello! Has anyone been able to run emsecondstage using u-boot? If
> >> so, where can I find doc on how to achieve this?
> >>
> I just run emsecondstage from /etc/inittab  [before the rc.d stuff
> starts up] You'll need to create a few device nodes manually (just
> console should be enough).
> This should work with any bootloader.

I've wondered about doing that but never had a chance to test it.
Thanks for getting it working. emsecondstage removes itself once
complete, so the routine presumably checks to see if the script exists
first?

If additions are needed in the various manpages, just file a wishlist
bug with the details.

> > Could it be possible to create the device nodes in the rootfs before
> > installing it?
> >
> Yes ou can se mknod from the setup.sh script to do this.

Examples can be included in the manpages too, if you'd like.
Alternatively, a part of the Emdebian Rootfs wiki page.

--

Neil Williams