Re: bug in apt-cross?

Hector Oron wrote:
> Yes - it looks like there is a bug against emdebian-tools

Actually, the tools are doing this right.

> On a fresh bootstrap
> root@ant:/# cat /etc/apt/sources.list
> deb http://localhost:9999/debian lenny main
> root@ant:/# ls /etc/apt/sources.list.d
> root@ant:/#
>
> root@ant:/# apt-get install emdebian-tools
> root@ant:/# cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/emdebian.sources.list
> # The Emdebian toolchain repository
> deb http://www.emdebian.org/debian/ unstable main
> deb-src http://www.emdebian.org/debian/ unstable main
> # Emdebian requires at least one primary mirror. Use this one
> # OR add your preferred mirror to your apt sources,
> # run 'apt-get update', and then use:
> # dpkg-reconfigure emdebian-tools
> # See http://www.debian.org/mirror/list for a list of primary mirrors.
> deb http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian unstable main
> deb-src http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian unstable main

You're building against unstable so you need to get the packages from
unstable. This isn't a toolchain build, this is a target build.

> Also i get a message like this using apt-cross
>
> $ apt-cross -a arm -S testing -m http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian -u
> /home/toolchain/trunk/arm /home/toolchain/trunk
> Updating apt-cross cache
> Could not open file
> /tmp/.apt-cross/testing/lists/ftp.uk.debian.org_debian_dists_testing_main_source_Sources
> - open (2 No such file or directory)

Ignore it - this comes from apt and there is nothing I can do to prevent it.

>> On amd64 testing jail:
>>
>> root@ant:/# cat /etc/apt/sources.list
>> deb http://localhost:9999/debian lenny main
>>
>> root@ant:/# cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/emdebian.sources.list
>> # The Emdebian toolchain repository
>> deb http://www.emdebian.org/debian/ unstable main
>> deb-src http://www.emdebian.org/debian/ unstable main
>> # Emdebian requires at least one primary mirror. Use this one
>> # OR add your preferred mirror to your apt sources,
>> # run 'apt-get update', and then use:
>> # dpkg-reconfigure emdebian-tools
>> # See http://www.debian.org/mirror/list for a list of primary mirrors.
>> deb http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian unstable main
>> deb-src http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian unstable main
>>
>> You have unstable on emdebian.sources.list :-/
>> I'll do a new bootstrap and see what is really going on.

You haven't specified to build against testing ?

Probably by testing in a chroot, debconf has not offered you the
question so you've ended up with targetsuite==unstable.

These things are now best done via reportbug because apt-cross and
emdebian-tools contain reportbug scripts that collect the data that
would answer these questions at the time. When reporting bugs that occur
in a chroot, install reportbug and report the bug from there so that the
right data gets collected.

>>> If you do:
>>> apt-cross -v -v -a arm -S testing -m http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian -f -b libc6

Fixed in apt-cross 0.6.0