Re: Is this list alive?

I just returned from holiday, sorry about the delay in responding.

Not quite. We have part of the infrastructure for building cross-toolchains with Nikita's patches. Nikita, I realise these are available on your server, but it would be good if we had them on emdebian.org, along with our older stable cross-toolchains. If I could persuade you to look after those and keep them up to date that would be great. Allen can sign you up, and I can
tell you where I've got to so far.

I am all for using several servers for development. However I believe that this should be used for redundancy and extra computing capacity, otherwise we have a problem keeping track of what part of the project resides where.

The two main developers have been on another project for the last 6 months that used OE rather than emdebian (because OE was finished enough to use, Emdebian isn't) so not much has happened. Both of us are back on the case now.

I also have completed a long term project and anxious to contribute to this project. If someone would like to suggest some tasks to help me up the learning curve, it would be appreciated.

(I'm just reading 6 months of this list!)

As for debain embedded, looks that nobody is currently interested in
this
(at least no one interested enough to actualy do something). Or maybe
someone is doing something silently.

I am interested and I have some time. I am also trying to weigh the
differences between Emdebian, ucLibc and all the other "embedded" Linux
development efforts. The biggest obstacle to working on Emdebian is
that I am not a Debian developer so there is a whole culture and
development methodology that I would need to learn before making any
contributions.

What are peoples opinions?

Plenty of people are interested, but until the basic tools are working and
documented it is difficult to get involved with simplerstufflike
package-porting. We have the expertise to sort that here, but of course we are all busy people. I'd like Nikita to get more involved as he has clearly
become the debian-cross-toolchain man :-)

What about setting up web based collaboration for Emdebian development. The current site is geared toward a mature project. Would a TWiki section be useful? I set this up for each of our projects to aid communications and provide a focal point for development. I could also setup a CVS or BK server.

Suggestions?

-- Allen