Re: Some dpkg-cross issues

> As far as I understand things, dpkg_shlibdeps should find out which
> packages provide shared libraries required for given binaries.
Yes. But libraries are searched system wide by default. That meant all
installed packages are searched for the correspondig library if not
other specified for dh_shlibdeps/dpkg-shlibdeps.

> In shlibs.local this information (which package will provide a
> library) may  be given for libraries that are builng built in the
> current (source) package.
Yes, debian/shlibs.local is one possible solution to resolve library
dependencies for multi-binary packages (application+libaray in one).
For those kind of packages dpkg-shlibdeps does not fail. So it is not
a issue of dpkg-cross.

> How could you use and path information to get package names?
Look for the debian/package/DEBIAN/control file.

> So if you call dh_shlibdeps with proper -Lpackage key, and after
> dh_makeshlibs, current dpkg-shlibdeps wrapper should work as is
> (unless bugs).
Yes, for my and packages maintained by me it can be. I've problems
with 'foreign' packages which I do not intent to modify while using
dpkg-cross. Is it not a key feature of dpkg-cross leaving the
manufacturing procedure as it is ?

> Or probably I'm misunderstanding something?
I'm not sure if I know all side effects nor all requirements to
implement a wrapper for -l but I will see what happen.

--
Raphael Bossek