Re: FYI: GNU Emacs Manual to be moved to non-free

(I am not subscribed here. Please CC: me on replies.)

Hi DG,
On Donnerstag 05 Juni 2003 15:39, D. Goel wrote:
> All I want is to be able to continue to do once I put nonfree
> into my sources.list (to get FSF manuals) is to be able to
> "apt-cache search" while restricting my results to "free".

Me too.

> > (Please note that this idea has no big importance to me,
> > personally. If I need a non-free package, I can download it
> > manually, or put "non-free" into my sources.list.
>
> when you put nonfree into your sources.list, how do you
> apt-cache search while restricting the answers to the "free"
> section?

I would like to know that, too. At the moment, I don't have
"non-free" in my sources.list, yet. If I need a non-free
package, I usually download it manually and install it using
dpkg -i.

cu,
Thomas }:o{#
-- - http://www.bildungsbande.de/~sloyment/ - --
"Look! They have different music on the dance floor..."