Re: Unable to load html helper mode--error

On Wed, 14 Feb 2001 09:08:04 -0500, you wrote:

>Gary Turner wrote:

[snip]

Thanks to both of you guys, Peter and Shawn.  I tried your ideas to no
avail.  Copying a known working version of .emacs from the laptop also
didn't work.  So I copied the html-helper-mode.el & elc from the working
box and that did work.

I'm going to guess that the fair share of lock-ups and hard reboots when
working on java aps (too many aps open -- Emacs, 2 browsers, DOS, WP, &
mail) managed to corrupt these files (and who knows what other files).
It looks like the error msg applied to the helper file rather than the
.emacs.

So, thanks again -- the next topic will be ispell -- but not now