Re: Thic client (X2Go) workaround

Hi,

On  Mi 26 Okt 2022 19:29:06 CEST, Dashamir Hoxha wrote:

Hi,

The docs describe a workaround for X2Go display artefacts:

"Since Thin clients use X2Go, users should disable compositing to avoid
display artefacts. In the default case (Xfce desktop environment): Settings
-> Window Manager Tweaks -> Compositor."

This needs to be done by each user on his desktop. In my opinion this is
too much.
Is it possible somehow to set this configuration automatically for all the
users? What about the other desktops?

This is a known issue and should be amended on a system wide level and not per user (as you already recommended).
See: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1008602

In my opinion, a better workaround might be to replace x2goclient by
remmina (RDP client). But I am not sure how to do it properly.

You can chroot into the thinclient LTSP chroot and add/remove packages after chroot creation.

Please note, that X2Go Client can also be used to launch plain (non-NX/direct) RDP-Sessions. You need freerdp2-x11 installed on the system to do that.

Mike
--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
c\o Technik- und Ökologiezentrum Eckernförde

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31