Re: Evaluation of AlekSIS as intermediate GOSa² replacemtn

On Tue, Oct 25, 2022 at 03:06:13PM +0200, Dominik George wrote:
> I am trying to evaluate what parts would be still missing if someone™
> tried to bring in AlekSIS[1] as an LDAP manager, in the light of
> ongoing concerns with GOSa²'s maintenance[2]. AlekSIS is currently
> making progress with LDAP write-support.
[...]
> I know that it is most probably too late in the development cycle to
> make such a change, [...]

as far as I can see, AlekSIS is not available in Debian yet, so just from
that I'd guess it's too late for this cycle. But after the release is
before the release. :)

#995958 ITP: aleksis-core -- Free School Information System (Core)
has some more bits, eg explaining that it's python and django, yay.

--
cheers,
	Holger

 ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
 ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  holger@(debian|reproducible-builds|layer-acht).org
 ⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀  OpenPGP: B8BF54137B09D35CF026FE9D 091AB856069AAA1C
 ⠈⠳⣄

Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are.
(Bertolt Brecht)