Re: is anybody from debian-edu/skolelinux going to come for Debconf 2016 ?

Hi shirish, hi all,

On  Mi 04 Mai 2016 23:12:33 CEST, shirish शिरीष wrote:

Hi all,

Sorry for being out of blue, but is anyone from the team expected to
show up Debconf 2016. I have applied and in case my bursary is
granted, would like to meet any member/s of the team  who would be
coming. I am guessing that at the very least Holger Levsen would be
there.

I would be interested in exploring if there have been any initiatives
to use SBC's such as RPi2 (Raspberry Pi Model 2/B) which was launched
last year . I know that Debian-edu prefers LTSP, which is still a far
cry in India. As have shared before, people would go for N Computing
then an untested vendor and LTSP deployment and that over Debian is
negligible. I remember reading Redhat doing LTSP deployments few years
ago but didn't hear much about it afterwards.

Look forward to know and learn

Unfortunately, I just had to de-register from DebConf16. I have a family event on July 2nd that I do not to and cannot miss. Realizing this overlapping of events made me really sad and I plan the more to be at DebConf17.

Normally, Holger is at DebConf's every year, but he normally is very busy their due to his involvement in the video team work.

Sadly,
Mike
--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM