Re: shutdown menu option

I am going to re-address my original question

2009/11/11 RalfGesellensetter <rgx@gmx.de>:

> I failed as well trying to enable direct shutdown on Workstations
> (stable=Sarge), but thought this was done by kiosk tweaks.

I can't find anything in kiosk admin tool

I did stumble upon
/etc/kde3/kdm/kdmrc
while fixing something else, and I discovered a bunch of stuff in
there about who is allowed to shutdown the machine and from where,
that got me excited.
However, no matter how hard I try, I can't get a shutdown option from
the logout confirmation, even as root. This frustrates me hugely,
because debian has a shutdown option for everyone by default.

ps. to Ralf - you still have Sarge workstations in your school? Are
you enjoying browsing with mosaic and managing your home with mc? I
like the way you refer to it as stable. ;)

nigel