Re: Approaches for killing left-behind processes

On Mon, Nov 09, 2009 at 01:07:24PM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
[José L. Redrejo Rodríguez]
Sure, that's one of the needed things. Also, this should also be
"daemonized"

Perhaps, or just run from cron.  The latter is easier, but require
cron to be functional. :)

do you have any idea of a practical time interval to wait between
requests?

Not sure what is needed to maximize the changes of success, but I
would go with 3 tries with 5 seconds between them, and hope that was
enough.

If it is known what causes unreliability - e.g. LDAP sometimes unresponsive - then perhaps extend the script to do e.g. simple direct LDAP queries to verify if getent responses are likely to be reliable.

(sorry if I misunderstood - I haven't followed this thread closely).

 - Jonas