Re: Printer in DIskless Workstation how to?

2009/3/10 Valerio Pachera <sirio81@gmail.com>:
> How can I share a usb printer  that is connected to the server with the DWS?

First of all, I have more that 200 users so I would like to find an
automatic procedure.
Anyway, I tried to log in ad a teacher on a DWS, open the web browser
and point to the local cups to add a printer.
When I press "add printer" it asks for user name and password.
Niuther the user name and password of the teacher are not accepeted ot
root credential.

I tried the same thing on the kde wizzard (control center / priferials
/ printer).
Add a print / cups server (ipp/http)
I doesn't matter if I select "anonymous" or I use the teacher credentials.
I select the printer and the printer dirver
I press "test" button to print a test page and I receive a pop up
window for insert username and password.
No one works.
If I continue the procedure, it and again with the same pop up and
then I have to quit.
No printer set up.

Suggestions?