Re: RFS: gvb

Hi Pietro,

Unfortunatly I dont have time to sponsor it (as this also needs continous
involvement), but I had time to briefly look at it and here are some
comments:

On Sunday 22 June 2008 10:31, Pietro Battiston wrote:
> This seems to me the right place to look if there is someone
> interested in sponsoring a package I made.

still, you should probably crosspost to debian-mentors, too...

> The package is gvb
> (http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/g/gvb/gvb_1.1.2-1.dsc)

> It is completely GPL v.3. I am the upstream developer.

in debian/copyright you say it's GPL2+, while the file COPYING says GPL3+ -
please make up your mind ;)

(And then debian/copyrights refers to /usr/share/common-licences/GPL, which is
the GPL3, so that's another (normal) bug.)

Another minor bug in debian/copyright: "The icons of the program are
screenshots of the program itself and also are covered by GLP license." -
GLP? :)

Please also remove the word "nice" from the short description
(debian/control), all software is nice, isn't it? :)

Also I think you can completly drop the last paragraph of the description:
"It is written in Python and based on Pygtk and Cairo for the interface.
 It relies on scipy for calculations." - this information is provided by the
(build-)depends and can also be represented with debtags.

regards,
	Holger