Re: Proposed patch for default cfengine configuration

man, 19,.12.2005 kl. 23.36 -0500, skrev Patrice Neff:

> What are your thoughts? There are different solutions:
> - Use HostNameKeys = ( on ) and put cfservd into the TrustKeysFrom list
> - Fix the server host to 10.0.2.2
> - Lookup the server IP at installation time (using cfservd hostname)
> and put that IP into TrustKeysFrom
>
> The easiest would be HostNameKeys. And I'm currently leaning towards
> using it. What are your thoughts?

In the interest of people changing both domain names and ip ranges to
fit with needs, I go for as few fixed settings as possible.

My example: Two skolelinux networks, one stable (still using a woody
main server) using the ip range 10.0.4.0/23, and one test net on the
default 10.0.2.0/23 range.
To be able to access both nets by host name, I have to use different
domain names too of course.

Seeing this as a practical solution for admins, I think it should be
easy to do. It's easy to see admins with not-*that*-broad-band
connections, who would want much the same for their schools.

Harald