Re: Using squidguard blacklists in skolelinux(.de)

On Mon, 2005-01-17 at 19:43, Ralf Gesel|ensetter wrote:

> Some people I know would squeak now: "how dare you publish
> dangerous URLs on an open list like this" :)

You don't get AIDS from a bad URL,
that's just an urban legend!

>  As a matter of fact, secretaries who are paid for collecting
> such URLs wouldn't hand them out - in the fear of abuse.

 It would render them less effective, and of course they
can't have that.  They are paid to care.

 We have no illusions about blacklisting being 100% effective,
so we don't take it dead seriously, do we?  Besides, easy
distribution will make the lists more current, and hence more
effective.

> But this is not the topic here.

 More a debate for EFF and affiliates.

--