Re: Feature request: Reset configuration

Hi Sean,

sean finney wrote:

> alternatively, if there were some progress on the conffile "database"
> handling code, the pristine version of the package's conffile would
> be already sitting on the fs and/or available to a helper program...

I agree with this.  In the past it seemed like you were mostly
interested in hearing from people with the ability to commit changes,
so I quieted down.  Really I think it would be better to treat
development and deployment of that code as separate steps: i.e., first
work together to get the design right and ask people to try it out
(maybe in Debian experimental, maybe as an unofficial thing) and only
once there has been some success merge it to sid.

Just my two cents,
Jonathan