Re: reinstalling conffiles

On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 07:50:07PM +0100, Piotr Roszatycki wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Dec 2001, Ben Collins wrote:
> > > How to reinstall conffiles without purging and installing the package?
> > > I'm suprised that it seems it is impossible:
> >
> > dpkg --force-confmiss -i foo.deb
>
> Ah, sure :-) Thanks.
>
> On the other way: is it possible to force using the prompt for modified
> conffiles? Or maybe just to check which conffiles was modified? `dpkg -s
> package' only displays conffile with its MD5 sum.

dpkg --force-help

There are several --force-* options for conffiles, maybe one fits your
needs. To be honest, dpkg always prompts for modified conffiles, when
the new one is different than the original. It wont prompt when there is
no change in the original package. Might be a nice --force option to
always overwrite the conffiles with the one in the package. File a
wishlist bug.

Ben

/                   Ben Collins    --    Debian GNU/Linux                  \