how to make a kernel version dependent package?

Hello,
I want to compile some kernel modules from the comedi
project (drivers for data acquisition).

To make a 'deb-make' is not the problem, but after
compilation with 'bedbuild' the process fails with
install: cannot remove old link to `/lib/modules/2.2.17/misc/8255.o':
Permission denied
and so on.
What is the right way to compile such a deb-package?

Thanks for help and pointers
--
|Michael Renner      E-mail: michael.renner@gmx.de  |
|D-72072 Tuebingen   Germany                        |