Dhelp sections

Hi all,

    When we release Etch, I would like to take over dhelp maintenance and
improve it as much as I can. One of the things I want to improve is the
section handling. I see two problems with it:

    1) It doesn't seem to validate the sections at all, so you can really make
up whatever sections you want, or simply have typos, and they will be accepted
by dhelp.
    2) In the dhelp documentation, you're told to use any of the valid
sections for the Section field in the debian/control file. However, the
doc-base documentation tells you to use the Debian Menu sub-policy list (which
seems better, because it's the section list the user knows, after all).  See
#19076 for more information.

Stefan Hornburg (current official maintainer for dhelp) told me that once
there was a discussion with the doc-base maintainer (I don't know if it was
with the current one or with a former maintainer), but he doesn't remember the
result, if any. Robert, can you shed any light on this?

    I would like to know what's your opinion about these issues. If no one
disagrees, I would like dhelp to use the menu sub-policy list, and to issue
some kind of warning if an unknown section is used.

    Regards,

--
Esteban Manchado Velázquez <zoso@debian.org>
Help spread it through the Net in signatures, webpages, whatever!