Re: DDP CVS commit by aisotton: ddp/manuals.sgml/repository-howto Makefile

On Mon, 2003-02-24 at 17:01, Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 07:55:33AM -0700, DDP CVS wrote:
> > CVSROOT:	/cvs/debian-doc
> > Module name:	ddp
> > Changes by:	aisotton	03/02/24 07:55:33
> >
> > Modified files:
> > 	manuals.sgml/repository-howto: Makefile
> >
> > Log message:
> > 	- removed dvi and ps targets
>
> It seems to be bothered by —. Why not hack that manually (do some sort
> of s/—/--/ automatically, presuming the language is extensible enough
> to do that) or just hardcode "--" as a workaround, instead of disabling them
> completely?

That's not the problem, it won't build anyway.  There are still quite a
lot of serious problems with xmltex, passivetex and the related tools on
Debian.  There are quite some bugs filed against the relevant packages,
some of which got "closed" recently but which aren't fixed at all.  I'd
report them again but I don't really know which are the faulty packages.

BTW, the '—' error is probably outputted by xmllint, not by
xsltproc because it is called with the wrong options.  (Yes, I filed a
bug report against that and it got closed without fixing).

Aaron Isotton                              [ http://www.isotton.com ]
--
It is far better to sleep with an old hen than pullet.