Re: "Man Pages Project"?

On Mon, 14 May 2001, Davide Inglima - limaCAT wrote:
> Hi there...
>    I recall that some times I have seen an announcement regarding a
> "Debian man-pages project"... which was going to produce man pages for every
> single package of the Debian system lacking it.
> Now, I tried to look again for this project up on many sites and search
> engines (including the ones @ debian.org and @ lists.debian.org), but I came
> out of this search without any result... so I was wondering...
>
> 1) the project did not exist, and it was only the effect of my daily dose of
>    cat-grass... [1]

I'm not going to ask... :)

> 2) the project exists, but the name is so unfortunate that search engines
>    simply overcome it quickly
> 3) the project exists, but it is part of another project COMPLETELY
>    (name non-debian distribution here)
> 4) the project exists, but after some years of using Internet I can't use
>    a search engine decently ;)
>
> Can somebody enlighten me on this topic?

I have the email someplace, and I'll try to locate it in a bit.
I also printed it out, but I'm just finishing moving, so God only
knows where it's actually at...

I'm not sure if it's a project as such - IIRC it was a list of the various
commands/programs that SHOULD have man pages, but don't.

Unless someone else pipes up with a copy of the mail - I think it was
posted to debian-users - I'll try to dig it out of my mail archives.

Take care,

Zonker
--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier -=- jbrockmeier@earthlink.net