Re: 64-bit time_t transition in progress in unstable

On 07/03/2024 19:58, Rene Engelhard wrote:

I'm sure it will be done at some point. However, I just point out that on amd64

Maybe, though in my sid VM with all tasks installed plasma-workspace fails to upgrade, claiming about gdb-minmal | gdb not to be installed whereas both of that install, but that doesn't help it futher. Didn't debug, no KDE person.

If you look at my first post in this thread I explain how to install libelfxxx without removing gdb. Apt has problem finding a correct path for some T64 packages but if you explicitly put each packages apt naively and wrongly wants to remove in the install line it find the correct path. Other have confirmed this methods works (see in thread) and not only for libelf but many others problematic packages.

A bug or limitation of apt. Dunno.

My point also was  that your reopening of the bug is wrong since the maintainer can't do anything about it.

And you probably need to get out of your amd64 bubble, see below

My "bubble" probably represent in volume 99% of debian users/installations so that is a big bubble! I admit that unstable installation volume is far less than stable but the proportion of people using unstable on arm/xxx is probably identical as stable.

I completely can understand that the RT doesn't do those bin-NMUs per arch (when?) but just when it's actually ready.

Well well, you annoy 99% of unstable debian users. A choice that you are perfectly entitled to make, as I am for complaining of consequences because of having hard time to help apt to find a migration path (and time consuming solution). I imagine it is even worse on other arch.

-- eric