Re: Questionable Package Present in Debian: fortune-mod

On Sat, 19 Aug 2023 at 00:52, Dominik George <natureshadow@debian.org> wrote:

> > So, let's at least be consistent.
>
> Totally agree with that.
>
> Debian is not a collection of harmful content, it is an operating system.
>
> But, unfortunately, there are too many people in the project who think, in the name of "free speech", protecting racists, nazists, and anarchists is more important than protecting PoC, jews, or other minorities.

Coming from the country that started to ban some kinds of information
"to protect children", later transferring that to a whole wide
censorship, I'd support protecting 'free speech', which includes all
kinds of minorities: PoC, LGBTQ+ and anarchists, masochists, etc.

According to Debian's CoC we use non-offensive ways to communicate
within the project, so that everybody is welcome to speak and
contribute. But we should not censor software. If there is a
misogynistic comment in GNU HURD sources, should we censor it out?

--
With best wishes
Dmitry