Testing archive-wide changes (Was: __pycache__ directories (Re: Potential MBF: packages failing to)) build twice in a row)

On 14/08/23 at 22:09 +0200, Michael Biebl wrote:
> Could maybe dh_clean automatically clean up such __pycache__ directories or
> do we really expect that each individual package does such a clean up
> manually?
> Or is there maybe a way to avoid the creation of the __pycache__ directories
> altogether.

Hi,

As a reminder, if someone needs to test a change over a large number of
packages, I can run custom rebuilds (typically pulling specific
packages from experimental or an external repository).

See https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2020/10/msg00097.html

It involves some manual work on my side, so please ask only for things
you really want to push to Debian, and when the number of affected
packages exceeds what you can build in a couple of days locally.
(But I don't think I have every declined any such request)

Lucas