Re: Policy consensus on transition when removing initscripts.

On Wed, Jun 28, 2023 at 10:01:13AM +0200, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> It's not. As written by Russ in this thread, filling a bug against
> orphan-sysvinit-scripts so it takes over the abandoned script is. I wouldn't
> mind seeing this mandatory, and written in the policy.

I do.  This also does not have anything to do with how packages look or
work.  This is about non-technical interaction, so at most should be
part of the developers reference.

But this still bears the question why this needs manual work and in
doing this distribute the work away to other people.

Bastian

--
We fight only when there is no other choice.  We prefer the ways of
peaceful contact.