Re: MBF: packages shipping init scripts without corresponding systemd units

On Mon, 26 Jun 2023 at 05:21, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 2023-06-25 at 22:31 +0100, Luca Boccassi wrote:
>
> > Now the generator is also on the way to be deprecated and removed.
> > Therefore I filed a bug against all affected packages ...
>
> Will the generator be available separately for people who have packages
> not in Debian that still only have init scripts, or for people who have
> local init scripts installed manually or with config management tools?

It will not, it's going to be removed upstream and hence from
src:systemd. Exact date/version is not planned yet, but it will be
before Trixie's dev cycle ends. It will be written down in the release
notes when the time comes.

Kind regards,
LUca Boccassi