Re: New deprecation warning in CMake 3.27

On Fri, Jun 16, 2023 at 01:08:08AM +0200, Timo Röhling wrote:
> Attached is a list of most likely affected packages, which
> I generated with a code search for
>
>     (?i)cmake_minimum_required\s*\(\s*version\s*(?:3\.[01234]|2)(?:[.)]|\s)

fwiw apt would trigger this in its autopkgtest as one of them (the
main run-tests) builds a sub-directory of helpers with cmake via the
main "upstream" CMakeList.txt file. That test is allowed to have stderr
output through, so no problem on that front. I just report this back
as I think its a bit optimistic to assume everything building something
in tests would do so from within debian/tests. I would actually hope
most would build some part of upstream like apt instead… just saying.

(I doubt there is any reason apt uses that particular version, but my
 cmake knowledge is on a pure edit-semi-randomly-until-it-seems-to-
 work-as-wanted basis)

Can you recommend a relatively safe & old version to use instead of
< 3.5 which doesn't need bumping next month but is also available in
most semi-current releases of all major distributions (as that is what
most upstreams will care about if they don't have special needs)?

Best regards

David Kalnischkies