Re: i386 in the future (was Re: 64-bit time_t transition for 32-bit archs: a proposal)

On Wed, May 31, 2023 at 10:10:56PM +0000, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
> As someone who owned and happily used an Asus eePC several years ago: very
> nice, silent - it also had a flash disk from the earliest days of flash disks.

Instead of RasPis as suggested by many in this thread, I'd instead suggest
whatever is the current model of Odroid-H2+:
* x86
* no moving parts
* either my meter is broken or it's 4.6W under full load (specs say 14W?!?)
* fat i/o
* 2×2.5Gbe

> The same arguments that I would now apply to the i386 port I'd also
> apply to early AMD64 hardware - whoever had my first machine with it,
> it should now be long gone as power inefficient beyond words and
> 15 years old.

At that time the concept of a daily driver capable machine taking low power
was in its infancy, they just can't come close to newer designs.

Meow!
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁