Introducing Declarative Debian

Heya,

perhaps it this happens more often that one might think: Huge changes
come in silence and small steps, and it takes a while to realize
something big is happening. And it seems we're just witnessing another
story of that kind.

It's about the naming of Debian packages, more precisely: about making a
statement in that very name. Perhaps not the first of that kind, but
certainly one that got broader attention was "python-is-python3". Since
then, there have been more, for example “borgbackup-is-borgbackup2” and
“usr-is-merged”. It should however be noted there a several packages
name "node-is-*" - that's just a coincidence, caused by the function
these packages provide.

Still it's about time to make this a formal concept, something I call
"Declarative Debian". Instead of dealing with all the difficulties about
packaging, licenses, problematic upstreams, endless discussions about
the right way to do things - let's just declare what we want to achieve,
and we're done.

Examples that come to mind include names like

* everything-is-fine
* systemd-is-the-salvation
* freedom-is-slavery
* sid-is-stable

But perhaps these goals are a bit too big for the moment. So at first
I'd like to gather more input on this and would appreciate suggestions
where to head for next. In the quest for final truth.

    Christoph