Re: Automatic trimming of changelogs in binary packages

On 06/09/22 11:42, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
On Tue, Sep 06, 2022 at 12:11:38PM +0300, Hakan Bayındır wrote:
Stuffing them behind a command, possibly making them online only in the
process will arguably make system troubleshooting and administration harder,
esp. if the system has connectivity issues.

If something critical breaks, I can boot to recovery and look at the logs
and changelogs of recently updated packages. Having recent-ish changelogs on
the disk arguably accelerates the fixing process.
I don't think removing recent-ish changelogs from the disk is proposed
here.

Andrey is correct: what is being proposed is just trimming the installed changelogs, not removing them completely. And the full logs will remain in the source packages.

Regards,

--
Gioele Barabucci