Re: rebuild of rpcbind (and other packages?) due to old debhelper bug 993316

Hi,

On 08-04-2022 19:40, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
On Fri, Apr 08, 2022 at 05:25:11PM +0200, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
Bug 993316 was fixed on 23 September 2021. Any reason why rpcbind
hasn't been rebuilt yet?
Was anything done for that to happen? Because otherwise the answer is
"nobody did that".

I would have assumed that this would be done when bug 993316 was closed.
There is no mechanism to automatically rebuild affected packages when a
bug in debhelper was fixed, or in any similar cases.

I recall a binNMU bug was filed against the release.debian.org pseudo package to fix all affected packages. I can only assume that somehow this package slipped through the cracks.

Paul